Why You Should Join
The mission of the Colorado Self Storage Association (COSSA) is to provide a unified voice to represent the interests of all self storage operators regardless of size. The Association monitors legislative activity that may affect the industry; and has legal counsel who advises the Board on legal matters. Members are among the first to know about legal and/or legislative challenges to your business.
To implement its mission, COSSA focuses on the following goals:
- Provide leadership on issues related to self storage.
- Increase knowledge in the industry through education and research.
- Be a leading resource for industry information and technical expertise.
- Impact the standard of conduct in the self storage industry.
Benefits of Membership
- Free Lien Law booklet, describing procedures and timetables necessary for lien sales.
- Access to a Colorado Sample Lease (revised in 2018) and 15 comprehensive operational forms for a very reasonable fee. Only available to COSSA members!
- Free listing and link for your facility and/or company on the COSSA website.
- Reduced registration fees at member meetings and trade shows. Excellent national speakers, networking opportunities, and updates on the latest products and trends in the industry.
- Sponsorship opportunities put your company in front of the members.
- Reduced and/or no fee to educational opportunities offered through the Association.
- Quarterly newsletters featuring up to date information from industry experts.
- Vendors are published in the COSSA Website Directory and searchable by business name or service provided.
- Opportunity to become a leader in the industry by volunteering to join the Board or serve on a committee with other owners or vendors to address common issues.
- Access to National Self Storage Association monthly magazine, “SSA Magazine” free of charge.
Categories of Membership
|Owner/Operator Facility Member (Large)||
Owner/Operator Facility Member (Small)
Third Party Management
|Prospective Owner Member||Vendor Member|
|Any person, partnership, corporation, limited liability company, real estate investment trust or other entity which is the owner of one or more self storage facilities or facilities under construction whose total rentable space exceeds 50,000 square feet may apply to be Owner/Operator Facility Member.||
Any person, partnership, corporation, limited liability company, real estate investment trust or other entity which is an owner of ONE self storage facility whose total rentable square footage is less than 50,000 square feet may apply to be a Small Owner/Operator Facility Member.
A person or entity that manages self storage facilities on behalf of a facility owner for a fee may apply to be a Third Party Management Member.
|An individual or entity that does not own an existing self storage facility or a facility under construction, but is a prospective developer or purchaser of a self-storage facility, may apply to be a Prospective Owner Member. (Prospective Owners dues is $125.00, Facility Membership (less than 50,000 sq. ft.)||
Any person, partnership, corporation, limited liability company or other entity which is a supplier of goods or services within the industry or which is engaged in a business connected with or related to the self storage industry, or is an independent contractor that manages self storage facilities may apply to be a Vendor Member.